COVID-19 Protocols for the YCI Methanol Plant Public Hearing
Thursday, September 10, 2020
6:00 p.m., at the site of the YCI Methanol One, LLC Administration Building (the former St. James High School), 5181 Wildcat Street, St. James, LA 70086
In order to do all that is reasonable and necessary to protect the health and safety of the citizens, this public hearing will adhere to the guidelines listed in the Proclamation Number 110 JBE 2020, issued by the Governor of Louisiana.
To further prevent the spread of COVID-19:
• Upon arrival to the hearing location, you will be required to have your temperature screened. Should your temperature read 100.4 °F or above, you will not be allowed to enter the public hearing site. If you pass the temperature screening, you will receive a sticker at the registration table allowing you to attend the hearing.
• You will be required to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth, whether in indoor or outdoor spaces open to the public.
• You must maintain strict social distancing of six feet apart from any other individuals that are outside of your immediate household members.
• Crowd sizes will be limited to no more than 50 people in any single indoor or outdoor space. There will be 3 seating areas and an overflow area set up to ensure compliance with the 50-person limit. Social distancing protocols will be in place in the seating areas and overflow area.
• Everyone will be required to register at the hearing, not just those who wish to speak or receive notification of the final permit decision. Once you have registered, you will be given a sticker to indicate your designated seating area.
• Sanitation and hand wash stations will be set up before the registration area, after the registration area, and in each seating area.