Sanitary Wastewater Compliance Assistance Training
- The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality has initiated a compliance assistance training class for those who have a Class I or Class II Sanitary Discharge General Permit or an Exterior Vehicle Wash Wastewater General permit. The class is geared toward educating permittees on the requirements of their permits and water quality requlations. For registration and other information, please check our SWAT (Compliance Training) Page.
Permit Compliance Unit Information and Resources
- Louisiana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - LPDES - Louisiana's Water Quality Regulations (LAC 33:Chapter IX) require permits for the discharge of pollutants from any point source into waters of the state of Louisiana. This surface water discharge permitting system is administered under the Louisiana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (LPDES) program. LDEQ became a state delegated to administer the NPDES Program in August of 1996.
- Actions & Settlements - View enforcement actions (by month & year) and settlements (by year) issued by the Department.
- EPA's Enforcement and Compliance History Online - ECHO - ECHO provides compliance and enforcement information for approximately 800,000 EPA-permitted facilities nationwide. ECHO includes permit, inspection, violation, enforcement action, and penalty information about facilities regulated under the Clean Air Act (CAA) Stationary Source Program, Clean Water Act (CWA) National Pollutant Elimination Discharge System (NPDES), and/or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- LDEQ's Small Business / Community Assistance Program - SBCAP - provides environmental regulatory assistance and information to small businesses and communities. SBCAP operates in accordance with the Confidentiality option provided by the EPA Enforcement Response Policy, effective August 12, 1994, regarding Section 507 of the Clean Air Act. Under this policy, violations detected through assistance will be kept confidential.