Sep 09, 2014
The General Permit for Discharges of Storm Water from Construction Activities Five (5) Acres or More (LPDES Permit No. LAR100000) was reissued on September 3, 2014.
The reissued general permit and a frequently asked questions document are available for download at: http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/default.aspx?tabid=245.
The following changes to obtaining authorization to discharge under the master general permit will become effective on October 1, 2014.
- In order to receive coverage under the reissued master general permit, new applicants must:
- Select the number of years for which permit coverage is needed, based on the anticipated time frame of the project.
- Pay the annual fee(s) for entire period for which coverage is selected. Fees may be attached to the Notice of Intent (NOI) in the form of check or money order. Alternatively, applicants may request an Agency Interest (AI) number and pay online. The receipt from online payment must be attached to the NOI. See http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/DIVISIONS/FinancialServices/InvoicingandAccountsReceivables.aspx for details on how to pay online.
- The payment of annual fees with the NOI will eliminate previous issues of duplicate billing based on LDEQ’s Fiscal Year and eliminate the need for permittees to submit Notices of Termination, increasing the efficiency of the permitting process.
- You must use the most current NOI found at: http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/default.aspx?tabid=245 (the general permits webpage) or http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/Default.aspx?tabid=1837 (the LPDES applications webpage). If an old version of the NOI is submitted, the applicant does not have coverage and will be sent a notice of deficiency.
- You should start using the new NOI beginning as soon as September 8, 2014 in order to avoid the possibility of the Water Permits Division receiving an out of date NOI after October 1, 2014. Outdated NOIs received on or after October 1st will not be eligible for coverage under the reissued general permit.
- No refunds or adjustments will be made on the annual permit fees once an NOI has been submitted with payment.