Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics (FRP)
- Manufacturers of: fiberglass boats, swimming pools and hot tubs, corrosion of proof composite pipe and fixtures, cultured marble bathroom tubs and showers.
Regulations in a Nutshell:
- Louisiana State Regulation LAC 33:III.13 limits particulate matter from being emitted.
- Louisiana State Regulation LAC 33:III.2113 addresses practical housekeeping and maintenance practices to reduce emissions from organic compounds.
- Louisiana State Regulation LAC 33:III.2123 limits the emissions of organic solvents.
- Required to fill a HW-1 form as a generator of hazardous waste. hw-1.pdf
- May require registration with the LSP (Louisiana State Police) Tier II Right-to-Know. http://www.dps.state.la.us/lcnweb.nsf
Reporting and Recordkeeping:
- No reporting and record keeping requirements for minor sources.
- In some cases, exemptions from permitting may apply (i.e.-Act 918).
- Facilities with emissions or permitted emissions of one ton per year of styrene (MER-Minimum Emission Rate) or more, shall control per MACT requirements (See LAC 33:III.5109.)
- See "Specific Conditions" of air permit.
- Avoid spills and keep containers with solvents such as acetone closed as much as possible.
- Daily cleanup of resin spillage and dust will reduce fugitive emissions and provide a safer work environment for workers.
Pollution Prevention Suggestions:
- If resins are sprayed use high transfer efficiency spray equipment.
- Use water base cleaners whenever possible.
- Utilize lower VOC resins/catalysts.
- Minimize use of resin barrel heaters.
- Use solvents recycle equipment whenever feasible.