Crematories and Funeral Homes
Current Applicable DEQ Regulations and Requirements:
- Air permitting requirements apply. Act 918 may exempt from permitting. Crematory Rule LAC 33:III.2531: 33v03.pdf
Other State and Federal Regulations and Requirements:
- DHH registrations and permits
Reporting and Recordkeeping:
- Section I of the rule outlines the records which must be kept at the facility.
- An annual report may be required by the permits section.
Sources of Air Emissions:
Housekeeping and Pollution Prevention Suggestions:
- Maintain a CLEAN operation. Regular maintenance will keep the crematory in good operating condition and will help reduce emissions.