CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2013 ENVIROTHON WINNERS!!
First Place: Audubon Hufflelopteraptors
Second Place: Baton Rouge Magnet High School
Third Place: Audubon Team Gus
Highest score at each station:
Forestry: Audubon CamCarIzzySloJoe
Soils & Current Issue: Sustainable Rangeland Management: Audubon Huffleopteraptors
Aquatics: Baton Rouge Magnet High School Bulldogs
Wildlife & Oral competition: Audubon Team Gus
Job well done to all participating teams!
Audubon CamCarIzzySloJoe, New Orleans
Audubon Huffleopteraptors, New Orleans
Audubon Team Gus, New Orleans Audubon Arboreal Tiger Sharks, New Orleans Baton Rouge Magnet High School Bulldogs, Baton Rouge
Live Oak FFA Blue, Denham Springs
Live Oak FFA Gold, Denham Springs
LOUISIANA ENVIROTHON AT10!
COME TEST YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AT THE 2014 LOUISIANA ENVIROTHON!
INFO COMING SOON!
What is the Louisiana Envirothon?
The Louisiana Envirothon is an environmental problem-solving competition for students in grades 6-12. Teams train and compete by demonstrating their knowledge of environmental science and natural resource management. The competition focuses on five natural resource areas: soils and land use, aquatic resources, forestry, wildlife, and a current environmental issue. The 2013 current environmental issue is Sustainable Rangeland Management. Teams also present a solution to an environmental problem related to the current issue in an oral presentation.
When is Envirothon?
Where is Envirothon being held?
LSU AgCenter Burden Center, Baton Rouge, LA
4560 Essen Lane Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Who can participate?
Teams of five students in grades 6-12 associated with a school or organized group.
How can I participate?
2014 Registration info coming soon!
How do I prepare?
Training materials and other resources can be found at the links below. You may also contact station masters at any time with questions.
- Training Information Page
Why get involved?
- Winners receive special recognition and monetary prizes.
- It's fun! Students gain a desire to learn more about the natural environment and stewardship of natural resources. Students also learn critical thinking, cooperative problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Students learn how to apply resource management and ecology to complex environmental issues with hands on environmental experiences.
- Winning team (high school only) may represent Louisiana in the North American Envirothon competition where students can win scholarships and prizes. Travel costs will be paid if sponsorship funding is availalbe.
How can you get involved?
- Organize a team! Five students from the same school or associated with an organized group (i.e. FFA, 4-H, science club, etc...) can participate as a team.
- Become a sponsor! Sponsors receive recognition in press releases and through statewide media, on promotional items, on the DEQ website and in many other ways. Please view the sponsorship document for details and opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Veronica DelBeianco at 504-638-3033 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a donation! Donations in support of Envirothon are tax-deductible and can be sent to:
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council ATTN: Envirothon 703 Thoroughbred Drive Lafayette, LA 70507
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council is a 501(C)3 organization.
For more information:
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the buttons above or view our flyer.
Contact Tomeka Prioleau if you need more information.