Jun 29, 2015
Gonzales - Ascension Parish President Tommy Martinez announced today the Ascension Parish Recycling Road Show July date has been rescheduled from July 4 to July 11 because of the Independence Day holiday.
The road show will take place at the Wal-Mart store in Prairieville. A recycling vehicle will be stationed in the parking lot from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The types of material being accepted at the Recycling Road Show in Prairieville include:
- Newspapers and magazines, including catalogs, phone books and paperback books, mail, colored paper and envelopes. Photos and carbon paper are not accepted.
- Milk and juice cartons, but no wax-coated frozen food packaging or take-out food containers.
- Cardboard, including detergent and cereal boxes, 12-pack drink cartons and flattened boxes.
- Aluminum, tin or bimetal cans and metal lids, but no aerosol cans or wire hangers.
- No. 1 through No. 7 plastic containers, but no bags, hangers, caps, lids, six-pack rings or chemical containers.
Don Hysell, parish environmental manager for Ascension Parish, said Recycling Road Shows will now take place every other month on the first Saturday at the Prairieville WalMart from 9 a.m. till 1 p.m. Future dates include Sept. 5 and Nov. 7. For more information, you may call Don Hysell at (225) 450-1308, or visit www.ascensionparish.net.